Tuesday, June 14, 2011

People in the BDSM community- do you actually like Rihanna's 'S and M'?

I know people have different definitions and distinctions, but if
you're interested/participate in bdsm, D/s and that general side of
things- do you actually like this song? I personally find it annoying
as hell. I think it takes SM at a very superficial level in order to
shock people and yet still be acceptable... I'd much rather listen to
something like Nickelback's 'Figured you out' or Blue October's
'Drilled a wire through my cheek' or something by Velvet Underground.

Of course Rihanna should be able to express whatever she wants, but I
just think it was a bit of a cheap attention grabbing ploy as opposed
to anything else. I'm just interested to hear your views as its one of
the few big mainstream representations of BDSM around today and is
likely to influence people's attitudes and preconceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment